The Africa Business Heroes Competition 2023 for African Entrepreneurs (1.5 Million USD Prize)
The Africa Business Heroes (ABH) aims to identify, support, and inspire the next generation of African entrepreneurs who are making an impact in their local communities, working to solve the most pressing problems, and building a more sustainable and inclusive economy for the future.
The initiative aims to be as inclusive as possible. Applications are open in English and French to entrepreneurs from all African countries, all sectors, and all ages who operate businesses formally registered and headquartered in an African country, and that have a 3 year-track record.
To apply for our competition, you should meet the following criteria:
- You’re the founder or a co-Founder.
- You’re an African citizen or the direct descendant (child/grand-child) of an African citizen.
- Your company is registered, headquartered and primarily in an African country.
- Your company has market traction and at least 3 years of revenue.
- Every year, ten finalists will be selected to compete in the ABH grand finale pitch competition and participate in a TV Show that will be broadcast online and across the continent. The finalists compete for a share of US $1.5 million in grant money.
- All finalists also join an exclusive community of like-minded entrepreneurs, business professionals, investors and mentors. In addition, they get access to training and networking opportunities to further support them on their business journey.
Grant funds of up to $300 000
- The Top 10 finalists share a prize pool of $1.5 million in grants ranging from $100,000 to $300,000.
- The first prize takes home $300,000; The 2nd and 3rd prize winners take home $250,000 and $150,000 respectively. All other 7 finalists, take home $100,000. An additional $100,000 is allocated for training.
Global recognition and exposure
- ABH spotlights talented African entrepreneurs as finalists progress in the competition via press releases, social media, and news articles at every stage of the competition. We also provide significant exposure opportunities to the Top 10 finalists via the Africa’s Business Heroes Show, which is distributed across 40+ African countries.
- Access to an exclusive & vibrant entrepreneurship community and network
- Finalists join an exclusive community of some of the most impactful and successful entrepreneurs from across the continent. ABH organizes numerous online and offline networking opportunities where these entrepreneurs can connect and collaborate.
Mentorship from business icons
The finalists are given access to mentorship opportunities with global business icons, investors, and business professionals both throughout the competition and afterward.
Targeted and practical training programs
ABH community members are given access to a range of bespoke training programs including financial management, marketing Insights into your business g, understanding IP law, and more. Finalists are also given the opportunity to access additional programs and services such as investment readiness and management training via our network of partners and judges.
For More Information:
Application Deadline: 12th May 2023, 23:59 GMT.